I completed a degree in film and literature at the University of Cape Town (UCT), focussing on creative writing for print and media. After further studies in Business Management (so that I could balance my books one day), I had a number of marketing and sales jobs before starting at a media company in Port Elizabeth. I was exposed to web development, design, SEO and print, providing valuable insight into the work that I would do for my own clients in the future. I have been a freelancer since 2008, loving absolutely every moment of it (not least of all being my own boss!) I wake up every morning excited to do what I do best.
If this isn’t enough of an insight into the editorial genius behind the name, here are some random facts about me that should keep you going:
- My favourite Google searches include “before & after liposuction photos”, “embarrassing moments”, “celebrities without make-up” and “celebrity baby names”.
- I LOVE Excel spreadsheets.
- I’m as bad at Maths as I am good at writing.
- I never eat with my hands. Not even peanut butter on toast.
- I’m scared of heights and geese.
- The song that most often gets stuck in my head is “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”.
- If I could be anything in the world, I would be a back-up singer. I’m not fussy about who I would be back-up to.
- I think “eclectic” is fun to say.
- I hate chocolate cake. Seriously, I would rather eat liver sushi.
- I have a list of really strange encounters / experiences. They include finding a dead baby in a packet, getting sulphuric acid in my eye and being offered money to make up for my being so tall. And they are all true.
- I think in pictures and can, therefore, not use phrases like “keep your eyes peeled”.