South Africa is brimming with literary genius. Meet some of these writers…
What 5 words would you use to describe your writing?
– Careful, considered, clean, symmetrical, necessary
What are you reading right now?
– Actually, nothing. I’m working such long hours at the moment that the last thing I want to do during down-time is read. I use QuizUp (an app) to relax.
How do you define a good piece of writing?
– Cleverly planned and stylishly executed
Why do you write (to relax, to vent, etc…)?
– Because I love it.
What do you listen to while writing?
– Ambient coffee shop noise (and soon, I imagine, our generator).
Who would play you in a movie of your life?
– Rosemary DeWitt (Google her).
What’s on your desk right now?
– A completed vendor application form. A bowl of blueberries. A Sharpie. A broken plastic tiara (don’t ask). A tax invoice from AAA Aabacus Emergency Locksmiths.
What other art / creative channels interest you?
Writers have a reputation for being a little eccentric. How would you respond to this?
– We’re not eccentric – just misunderstood.